The mission of the New Mexico Board of Bar Examiners is to:
(1) investigat[e] the professional qualifications and good moral character of applicants for admission or reinstatement to the bar of New Mexico;
(2) prepar[e], arrang[e] for and administer examinations for admission to the bar of New Mexico;
(3) mak[e] recommendations to the Supreme Court with respect to reinstatement or readmission to practice of lawyers who have for any reason withdrawn from the state bar of New Mexico;
(4) discuss with applicants for admission to the bar general problems of purposes, policies and procedures of the bar examination; and
(5) administer these rules and adopt its own practices not inconsistent with these rules.
Members of the New Mexico Board of Bar Examiners are appointed by the Supreme Court of the State of New Mexico.